Drystone walling is a traditional method of building walls without the use of mortar. It is a skilled craft that has been used for centuries to create walls for a variety of purposes, including boundary walls, retaining walls, and garden walls.
Hanbeck Natural Stone is a leading supplier of flat drystone walling stone. We carefully select and process our stone to ensure that it is the perfect material for building dry stone walls that are both beautiful and durable.
We manufacture our flat drystone walling stone in a number of steps:
- We quarry the stone from our sustainable quarry in Lincolnshire.
- We sort and grade the stone to ensure that it is the right size and shape for dry stone walling.
- We dress the stone by hand to create a smooth, flat surface.
- We inspect the stone to ensure that it meets our high standards of quality.
Flat drystone walling can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Boundary walls: Dry stone walls are a traditional and attractive way to mark the boundaries of your property.
- Retaining walls: Dry stone walls can be used to retain soil on slopes and to prevent erosion.
- Garden walls: Dry stone walls can be used to create raised beds, borders, and other features in your garden.
- Decorative walls: Dry stone walls can be used to add a touch of character to any garden or landscape.
There are a number of benefits to using flat drystone walling, including:
- Durability: Dry stone walls are very durable and can last for centuries.
- Permeability: Dry stone walls are permeable, which means that they allow water to pass through them. This helps to prevent flooding and erosion.
- Sustainability: Dry stone walls are a sustainable building material. They are made from natural stone that is quarried from our sustainable quarry.
- Aesthetics: Dry stone walls are very attractive and can add a touch of character to any garden or landscape.
Copings are the top layer of a dry stone wall. They are used to protect the wall from the elements and to give it a finished look. Hanbeck Natural Stone supplies a wide range of copings to suit all types of dry stone walls. Our copings are made from the same high-quality stone as our flat drystone walling stone, and they are available in a variety of sizes and colours to choose from.